WACN (Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal) is a campaign to improve recognition of Wikipedia and understanding of its uses among the different communities of Nepal. It aims to increase awareness of Wikipedia.
What are we trying to accomplish with this campaign
- Improve recognition of Wikimedia projects in Nepal
- Engage new readers
- Promote Wikimedia projects in Nepal
- Promote different language wiki-communities of Nepal
- Encourage people of Nepal to freely share in the sum of all knowledge
- The Billboards Initiative: It focuses on installation of static and digital billboards around two different cities of Nepal, and sharing the project via social media sites.
- The Calendar Initiative: It will be distributing Wiki-informative Calendars to the students of different universities and professionals.
- Open Knowledge For All